After graduating with a BFA from CSU Long Beach in 2011,Karen Utley soon began to manage a photo studio for a national retailer called Tilly’s. She galvanized studio productivity as a lead product photographer for three years. Soon after, Karen started to work for an even larger commercial studio as she began working for Hautelook, a Nordstrom Company, were she learned how to work extremely efficiently. Karen is always looking to enhance growth in herself as well as the clients that she works for.
Product Photographer 05/2014 to Current
Hautelook.com – San Bernardino, CA.
· Manage accurate image processing and color accuracy for all product.
· Prioritize products/set preparation and proper image capture to meet specific deadlines.
· Champion new ideas and support change to better suit a busy studio.
· Deliver consistent product and service.
Freelance Photographer 01/2013 to Current
Karen Utley Photography – Los Angeles – Long Beach – Santa Ana CA.
· Successful completion of commercial photography assignments requiring planning, follow-through, and results that met client objectives.
· Maintained productive professional relationships with models and modeling agencies.
· Photographed high-quality images for both print and online usage.
· Preformed advanced computer processing of images for assignments.
· Defined and recommended detailed solutions to capture images.
Tilly’s E-Commerce lead Photographer
Tilly’s – Irvine, CA. 10/2011 to 07/2013
· Produced product photography for brands. Maintain a consistent look with lighting and editing. Style products to be shot flat for Tilly’s catalogs, store signage and websites as well as on model.
· Responsible for managing the photo studio, oversee the work of the assistant photographer, work closely with marketing director and graphic designers.
· Visual research
· Produced and styled e-commerce photo shoots and look books.